You may have noticed that you can now promote a post in Facebook. The first time you saw this feature like I did you probably said to yourself, “What is this and why should I do it?”. Well, Facebook Promoted Posts …” are a simple way to reach more of the people who like your Page and their friends. “
Basically, another way to advertise your pages’s information using the power of Facebook. On the surface this seems like a good way to promote really important content to your site without having to pay advertising fees for the whole month. Like a appetizer to full blown Facebook advertising.
[highlight2] You’re interested in promoting a post.
- How do you start?
- What does the promote button do?
- What does it look like when I promote a post?
- How do I pay for it?
- Go to the sharing tool to create a post.
- Enter in your post details.
- Click on the Promote drop-down button and set your desired budget. Note: the budget you set is a lifetime budget and not a daily budget.
- Click Save.
Once you’ve visited the sharing tool, you can promote recent posts on your Page:
- Go to any post you’ve created in the past 3 days on your Page timeline.
- At the bottom the post, just below where people can add a comment, you’ll see the Promote button. Click on it.
- From the drop-down, set your budget based on how many people you want to reach.
- Click Save.
If you’re a Page admin, you can promote recent posts directly from your Page timeline by going to the bottom of any post that’s been created within the past 3 days, and clicking on the “Promote” button.
When you promote a post, it will be shown in the news feeds of more of the people who like your Page than you would reach normally. Friends of the people who have interacted with your post will also be more likely to see the story in their news feeds for up to 3 days from when the post was first created.
Example of a promoted post showing to people who like your Page:
Note that the budget you set for your promoted post is a lifetime budget that will run over the entire duration of your promoted post. Just like with ads, you may be billed daily to the primary funding source you’ve designated in your Ads Manager, and only for the amount that is used to run your campaign. You can view your primary funding source as well as access invoices from the gear drop-down in the “Promote” button, or from your Ads Manager.
From the Promote button:
- Go to the sharing tool at the top of your Page’s timeline or to the bottom of a post that’s been set up in the past 3 days.
- Click on the “Promote” button drop-down.
- Click on the gear drop-down.
- Click on “Change payment method”.
- Here, you can see all payment methods listed on your ads account, and make any changes to your primary funding source. Learn more about your billing here.
- To see a list of your charges organized by month, click on the “Billing” tab in the left-hand side of the navigation.
From your Ads Manager:
- Visit your Ads Manager
- Click on the “Billing” tab in the left-hand side of the navigation.
- This will take you to a list of all charges organized by month. To see a more detailed breakdown of each charge, click on the description next to the charge you’d like more information about. Note: If you haven’t been charged yet, you won’t see any information on your Billing Summary page.
- To see your primary funding source, click on the “Funding Source” tab below the “Billing” tab in the left-hand side of the navigation. To change your primary card, learn more here.
If you would like to learn more about promoting a post on Facebook follow this link.