If you don’t have email marketing in your marketing toolbox, you are losing money.
“Email is not going to disappear. Possibly ever. Until the robots kill us all,“
-Paul Buchheit, a founder of FriendFeed
Ask any internet marketer worth their salt, and they will tell you that email marketing is still the best way to retain clients.
It’s better than Social Media by a mile.
In fact, email marketing has a 4,300% return on investment!
Here are some real world statistics regarding email marketing…
and why you are missing out if you are not doing it.
- 91% of consumers check their email daily
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as the result of an email marketing message
- 80% of content marketers use email marketing – CMI “B2B Content Marketing Research” (2014)
- Email is almost 40x better at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter – McKinsey & Company (2014)
- 42% of businesses say email is one of their most effective lead generation channels. And for B2B marketers, 88% say email is the most effective lead generation tactic – Circle Research (2012)
Do you feel differently about Email Marketing now?
Do any of these excuses ring a bell?
- It’s too hard to write newsletters.
- It takes too long to build a large subscriber list.
- I don’t know where to start or how to do it.
- I don’t have to time to send a newsletter.
- Email is old school, people don’t read newsletters.
If they do, you need to start rethinking your strategy when it comes to email marketing.
Getting people to visit your website in the first place is very difficult. There is a enormous amount of competition and people’s time is limited. If you worked your tail off to get the visitor to your website, don’t let them leave without starting a connection.
Step 1 of digital marketing is getting visitors to your website.
Step 2 is retaining some of those visitors.
The best way to do that is to offer useful emails about your services and products.