Content is difficult to write for a new website. Here are some tips.
A good website redesign will be complete with fresh copy. Writing content for your newly redesigned website can be easier than you might imagine. Here are a few quick tips to get you started.
Condense, Condense, Condense
Take a look at the content that already exists on your site. Most likely you’ve added to it over the years, trying to express the exact nature of your service or product. Go in to the writings on your site and try to condense as much as possible. If you can say the same thing in three words than 20, it’s better.
List of Titles
If you’re aiming to start a professional blog, begin first with a list of titles. Think up some interesting topics related to your business, then come up with specific writing ideas within those topics. For example, your topic might be wooden sculpture and the exact titled might be “The Top 5 Most Expensive Wooden Sculptures Today.” For each topic try to come up with several titles. Use starters such as “How to…”, “Top List of…”, “Why It’s Important To…”, etc. to help you generate ideas.
Browse Competitor Sites
It’s always worth a look at competitor sites to see what ideas you might be missing. Of course, you may have better ideas, but often browsing another site helps us brainstorm. Plus, your competitors may have a bigger budget to hire professional writers. If so, then you’re likely to find some well-thought marketing and content.
Just Start Writing
Stepehen King, in his book On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, said “The scariest moment is always just before you start.” Often we’re too afraid to try writing for ourselves. However, the more your write, the better of a writer you’ll become. Just sit down and give it a try.
Do you need some help maintaining your Word Press site? Ask me how I can help!
- 5 of the Best WordPress Themes for Law Firms & Attorneys - November 7, 2020
- Managing Your Small Law Firm Remotely: How to Get Started + Top 7 Remote Law Firm Management Software Options - April 22, 2020
- 11 Ways You Can Improve Your Law Firm’s Digital Marketing During the COVID-19 Slowdown - March 23, 2020
- Attorney Marketing | Should I Focus on Getting Google Reviews for My Law Firm? - February 19, 2020
- Law Firm PPC (Pay-Per-Click) | 5 Google PPC Tips to Help You Save Money & Drive Leads - February 13, 2020
- 9 Digital Marketing Tips That Will Help Your Law Firm Grow in 2020 - February 3, 2020
- 5 Actionable Things You Can Do Today to Help Your Law Firm’s Local SEO  - February 3, 2020
- 4 Tips on Creating a Successful Attorney Website - November 2, 2019
- Local Marketing Strategies For Law Firms - October 7, 2019
- 6 Tips to Speed Up Your Law Firms Website - September 20, 2019