Content is difficult to write for a new website. Here are some tips.
A good website redesign will be complete with fresh copy. Writing content for your newly redesigned website can be easier than you might imagine. Here are a few quick tips to get you started.
Condense, Condense, Condense
Take a look at the content that already exists on your site. Most likely you’ve added to it over the years, trying to express the exact nature of your service or product. Go in to the writings on your site and try to condense as much as possible. If you can say the same thing in three words than 20, it’s better.
List of Titles
If you’re aiming to start a professional blog, begin first with a list of titles. Think up some interesting topics related to your business, then come up with specific writing ideas within those topics. For example, your topic might be wooden sculpture and the exact titled might be “The Top 5 Most Expensive Wooden Sculptures Today.” For each topic try to come up with several titles. Use starters such as “How to…”, “Top List of…”, “Why It’s Important To…”, etc. to help you generate ideas.
Browse Competitor Sites
It’s always worth a look at competitor sites to see what ideas you might be missing. Of course, you may have better ideas, but often browsing another site helps us brainstorm. Plus, your competitors may have a bigger budget to hire professional writers. If so, then you’re likely to find some well-thought marketing and content.
Just Start Writing
Stepehen King, in his book On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, said “The scariest moment is always just before you start.” Often we’re too afraid to try writing for ourselves. However, the more your write, the better of a writer you’ll become. Just sit down and give it a try.
Do you need some help maintaining your Word Press site? Ask me how I can help!
- Local Marketing Strategies For Law Firms - October 7, 2019
- 6 Tips to Speed Up Your Law Firms Website - September 17, 2019
- What To Do When Your Legal Firm’s Website Isn’t Converting - August 3, 2016
- How Adding a Pop Up to Your Website Can Increase Your Conversion Rate - July 13, 2016
- Simple SEO Hacks: 6 Things Your Law Firm Can Do To Improve Your Google Ranking & Website Traffic - June 22, 2016
- 4 Tips for Attorneys when using Social Media and Facebook to Market their Firms - June 8, 2016
- Attorney Online Marketing: Get Started on the Right Foot - May 18, 2016
- What lawyers need to know about WordPress - May 4, 2016
- Can Facebook Advertising Work for Your Legal Firm? - April 20, 2016
- 4 Tips on Creating a Successful Attorney Website - March 2, 2016