Learn Why your Law Firm Should be on Google Maps
Obtaining the most traffic on your law firm website is of utmost importance when building a solid clientele.
With the increase in mobile use, businesses are consistently using new tactics to increase their client base and increase their ranking on Google. Optimizing your brand on Google Maps is another way to boost your rankings and get more visitors to see what your attorneys have to offer.
What exactly is Google Maps?
Google Maps is another means for users to locate your law firm online. Not only are your location and directions shown to the viewer, but also your website link and other important business information such as hours of operation and phone number.
Before we look at how to implement Google Maps, let’s look at a few statistics to show the importance of mobile optimization as a whole:
This study also reports that as of January 2014:
- Ninety percent of adult Americans own some type of cellular phone
- Thirty-two percent of adult Americans own some type of e-reader device
- Forty-two percent of adult Americans own a tablet device
Now that you are familiar with the necessity for website optimization, follow the steps below to optimize your Google Maps listing:
Get a Google + listing for your law firm. You will have to create an account, but it is simple and well worth the few minutes that it takes to set it up.
Once your listing details have been completed, you will be required to verify your business. This is done by Google sending a postcard to the address listed on your account with a code that is entered online.
Verification can also be done over the phone in a much timelier fashion.
Google + Local Page
The next thing you want to do is completely fill out the pertinent information about your law firm.
You will need to include the address, phone number, hours of operation, website address, and a thorough description. This is crucial to your listing.
- A Google study reports that seventy percent of searchers utilize the click to call feature on their smart phone after finding the website online.
- If no phone number is linked with their search result, forty-seven percent of mobile users will look for another brand.
Logo and Images
Your logo makes your brand recognizable. This is very important to include in your listing.
Another way to let viewers get a feel for your law firm, is include images of your attorneys, office space, and building. It is very simple to upload the images and makes the listing stand out from the rest.
Once your listing has been created and published, be sure to bookmark it and visit it regularly to see if any changes need to be made.
All information needs to be current, such as hours of operation and phone numbers. Descriptions may need to be updated if attorneys are added to the firm or if there are any other important changes.
Adding interesting content to your Google + page will gain followers and possibly new clients.
Infographics and other images are quick and easy to post and will more likely be shared than just a text update. Include information about the type of cases your firm deals with to further establish your brand and gain followers.
Infographics can be easily designed by using Canva, or you can hire a professional to handle it for you.
With the expansive use of smartphones and the popularity of Google Maps, it is extremely important to be visible and up to date.
Ensure that your images and details are enticing, so when the next searcher finds your listing on Google Maps, your law firm is the one they choose.
- Local Marketing Strategies For Law Firms - October 7, 2019
- 6 Tips to Speed Up Your Law Firms Website - September 17, 2019
- What To Do When Your Legal Firm’s Website Isn’t Converting - August 3, 2016
- How Adding a Pop Up to Your Website Can Increase Your Conversion Rate - July 13, 2016
- Simple SEO Hacks: 6 Things Your Law Firm Can Do To Improve Your Google Ranking & Website Traffic - June 22, 2016
- 4 Tips for Attorneys when using Social Media and Facebook to Market their Firms - June 8, 2016
- Attorney Online Marketing: Get Started on the Right Foot - May 18, 2016
- What lawyers need to know about WordPress - May 4, 2016
- Can Facebook Advertising Work for Your Legal Firm? - April 20, 2016
- 4 Tips on Creating a Successful Attorney Website - March 2, 2016