Tips on Keeping Your Website Fresh!
The most engaging websites are those that draw in repeat visitors and retain them for an active and exploratory session.
Here are several easy-to-implement ideas to keep your website fresh and engaging.
If you have a blog, be sure to maintain it with regular posts. These could be monthly, weekly, or daily depending on your goals and schedule availability. (Read this interesting article to see the surprising results one blogger experienced statistically and emotionally when he increased from weekly to daily blogging.)
If you haven’t yet started a blog, come up with a calendar for the next 3-6 months before publishing. This will help you avoid getting writer’s block and keep you motivated.
Here are a few ideas for simple blog posts that can add value content on a weekly basis:
- Round-up of themed ideas/products relating to your industry. (Example: “15 Best Electronic Assembly Tools for 2015”)
- Commentary on latest industry news bit. Provide basic advice with forecasts and your expert opinion.
- Directions or video for unusual ways to use your product. Survey social media fans to get ideas.
Photos From Events
Did you recently host or attend an industry related event? Share photos! These photos may show the personality of your staff or retain a strict business appearance — you decide the tone of your business style. If you attend a conference, be sure to find out if photos are allowed before snapping away.
Create a basic photo album, but be sure to add descriptive headlines and notes to present an overall storyline. Share it on your social network with a link back to your site.
Slider Pics On Home Page
Most WordPress themes allow you to place a slider on your homepage. If it doesn’t, you can add a plugin like the Soliloquy slider plug-in, so you can add sliding images to your home page highlighting various new features, articles, products/services, and press releases. If you publish a new blog post, you should put up a new slider pic replacing the old blog post reference. Keep about 3-5 slider pics rotating. More than that will usually be less effective. Readers may need to see the same image rotate through twice for it to catch their attention.
Hire a designer or web developer to create a template to allow you to easily change out the text and photos on slider pics. This way you can always add new slider images as frequently as you may have need. One example of a sliding image feature can be seen on the LuckyFish Media home page.
One of the best things you can do to keep a creative outlook for your website is to visit others. Artists regularly use a similar practice to stay inspired, visiting galleries and museums to see refreshing imagery similar to or very unlike their own.
Take a few minutes each week to visit your competitor’s sites and your favorite industry sites. What new features do you see? In what ways have the graphics or images changed? What are they blogging about? Keep a notebook, tablet, or smartphone handy to jot a few notes. Put into practice your favorite ideas or present them to your web developer for consideration.
The Dos and Don’ts of Updating
Regularly review your site every 3-6 months to consider changes. This helps your website maintain more relevance with readers and with search engines algorithms. When updating your site, be sure to avoid certain website mistakes including outdated content, lack of calls to action, and/or inappropriate font text and size.
Need help keeping your WordPress site current with latest malware protection and plug-ins? Let LuckyFish Media handle your WordPress site updates!
- 11 Ways You Can Improve Your Law Firm’s Digital Marketing During the COVID-19 Slowdown - March 23, 2020
- Attorney Marketing | Should I Focus on Getting Google Reviews for My Law Firm? - February 19, 2020
- Law Firm PPC (Pay-Per-Click) | 5 Google PPC Tips to Help You Save Money & Drive Leads - February 13, 2020
- 5 of the Best WordPress Themes for Law Firms & Attorneys - February 7, 2020
- 9 Digital Marketing Tips That Will Help Your Law Firm Grow in 2020 - February 3, 2020
- 5 Actionable Things You Can Do Today to Help Your Law Firm’s Local SEO  - February 3, 2020
- 4 Tips on Creating a Successful Attorney Website - November 2, 2019
- Local Marketing Strategies For Law Firms - October 7, 2019
- 6 Tips to Speed Up Your Law Firms Website - September 20, 2019
- What To Do When Your Law Firm’s Website Isn’t Converting - August 3, 2016