Using Real Photos For Legal Firms Website is a must if you want to start making connections with your visitors.
Your website is the first impression of your law firm for potential clients. Using real photos in the design of your site is extremely important to be authentic and build a sense of trust before these clients ever walk through your office door.
Clients want to be able to put a face with a name. Sometimes credentials won’t make a person feel as confident in their choice as seeing the smile and wisdom on the face of who may be representing them.
Benefits of Using Professional Photos on Your Website
Stock photos are easily recognizable and visitors may feel like your firm is not legitimate if their attorney’s are pictured as posed models wearing suits. Even if someone is not extremely familiar with the internet, they may notice how stock photos tend to look like advertisements instead of “real people”. They will question the integrity of the firm and you will not come across as trustworthy.
When a professional photo is used of each lawyer, potential clients can get a sense of their individual personalities. The image of each attorney can be portrayed in their stance, smile, dress and confidence shown in their photo. Visitors will be easily able to relate and be more apt to choose the one they feel most comfortable with.
Clients often share very personal and private information with their attorneys. There needs to be a sense of security that they receive when they look at the photo. It is natural for people to judge someone based on their photo, so you want to make sure the image you project is strong and wise, as well as compassionate.
Keep in mind the ideas below when planning your photo session:
- Avoid clothing that has patterns. A solid color is much more professional and pleasing to the eye. Patterns can be distracting and take away from the face.
- Dress as you would for court. Show visitors how well you present yourself during a trial. Be sure your hair and/or facial hair is well-groomed.
- A group photo of the entire team shows the unity and combined knowledge in the law firm. This will give a sense that everyone in the office is there to support their client’s needs. Gather all employees in front of your sign, building, or in an attractive area of the office space.
- Photos of each attorney need to be included in the bio section of the website. These photos can show the attorneys in candid professional shots, such as speaking with a colleague. Photos such as these appear natural and show more personality.
- Images do not have to be general, straight on head shots. Have the photographer take photos from various angles. Photos taken from a higher angle will give an interesting and unique perspective.
- The natural light of the outdoors is also a nice touch when adding photos to the website. It presents a more casual feel to the photograph and gives a little diversity from the office shots.
- If office shots are being taken, be sure to remove any paper stacks and files that may be on desks or on the floor. The office should appear completely clean and tidy.
As a law firm, you want to be recognized as genuine and trustworthy. By using real photos on your website, people will feel like they are getting to know your attorneys before they meet them. Avoid stock photos at all costs and invest in a professional photo session.
Once the photographs are taken, you may need assistance with adding them to the website. Contact a reliable law firm web designer to get the job done for you, so you can focus on your clients and their cases.
- 5 of the Best WordPress Themes for Law Firms & Attorneys - November 7, 2020
- Managing Your Small Law Firm Remotely: How to Get Started + Top 7 Remote Law Firm Management Software Options - April 22, 2020
- 11 Ways You Can Improve Your Law Firm’s Digital Marketing During the COVID-19 Slowdown - March 23, 2020
- Attorney Marketing | Should I Focus on Getting Google Reviews for My Law Firm? - February 19, 2020
- Law Firm PPC (Pay-Per-Click) | 5 Google PPC Tips to Help You Save Money & Drive Leads - February 13, 2020
- 9 Digital Marketing Tips That Will Help Your Law Firm Grow in 2020 - February 3, 2020
- 5 Actionable Things You Can Do Today to Help Your Law Firm’s Local SEO  - February 3, 2020
- 4 Tips on Creating a Successful Attorney Website - November 2, 2019
- Local Marketing Strategies For Law Firms - October 7, 2019
- 6 Tips to Speed Up Your Law Firms Website - September 20, 2019