Learn How To Write Content That will Attract Local Residents to your Law Firm
The primary goal of your law firm’s blog, should be to attract local residents and ultimately obtain new clients. In order for this to be successful, the content not only needs to be interesting but also relevant to the region where your law firm is practicing. It’s always the best marketing strategy to start local.
Below are several tips to consider when adding content to your legal firm’s website:
- You can gain a wealth of content material from the local and national news that is currently trending.
Major court rulings, local tax hikes, and other issues that are in the media can be discussed in an article. Doing so will demonstrate professional expertise in the subject matter. Since the information is current and relevant, it will be searched for frequently, increasing the number of hits your site will receive.
- List questions and answers to some of the most common cases that your firm handles. People who are investigating an attorney always have a lot of questions and if your firm can answer them, your chance of gaining them as a client is greater.
- Another way to spark interest in your content is to turn your written article into a video. It is much more personal and potential clients will get a feel for your personality as well, which will build trust before you even meet them face to face.
- Webinars are very useful in discussing common issues that your potential clients may have, such as divorce and child support questions, malpractice, etc. Think about what questions your clients ask you in your consultation and provide a resource for the public through your webinar.
Let’s take a look at other ways to gain exposure in local areas:
Keywords and SEO
Be sure to include relevant keywords that pertain to the content you are posting. In addition, include the names of the surrounding cities and towns that your firm services.
It’s very important that the wording of your posts should sound natural and not like it is stuffed with keywords. Use your target words wisely and place them where they flow smoothly into the subject of the article.
Along with mentioning the specific location in the article, it can also be placed into the meta-data tags and category fields as well.
If your article’s main focus is about a particular region, including the name of it in the title is another way to boost visibility and gain a higher ranking in the Google search engine.
Frequency & Lenth of Posts
Posting content to your website on a regular basis keeps your page fresh and up to date. Content that is focused on current events or client Q&A are the simplest, yet most effective way to accomplish this.
Viewers are more likely to come back to see what new information has been added if there is always something new to see while on your site.
The more posts and interaction that your website receives, the higher you will be in the rankings when people are searching for an attorney in your area.
Google really likes post that have substantial content and are longer than 1000 words. Having 2 very long posts jammed with great content will do much more for your legal firms SEO ranking than 10 really short posts.
Once you share your posts, the capacity for others to share it increases, driving more traffic to your article and boosting your ranking as well.
A benefit to posting your content on LinkedIn, is that you can target a local audience who would be interested in the topics of your posts.
Press releases are another way to attract local residents in your target market.
Contact local newspapers and media sources with your articles to be featured in their publications. This is another means for exposure and a potential traffic builder. You can also take advantage of some press release distribution websites such as e-releases.
Keep your website’s content fresh and add interesting articles and videos pertaining to current events to create return visitors. Always make sure you include SEO in your posts and pay attention to your keywords.
If you find that you do not have time to manage your website content on your own, consider hiring a professional to do it for you.
For further reading, be sure to check out: 8 Tips That Will Make Working With A Web Designer A Breeze and 3 Content Ideas for Your Facebook Business Page.
- 11 Ways You Can Improve Your Law Firm’s Digital Marketing During the COVID-19 Slowdown - March 23, 2020
- Attorney Marketing | Should I Focus on Getting Google Reviews for My Law Firm? - February 19, 2020
- Law Firm PPC (Pay-Per-Click) | 5 Google PPC Tips to Help You Save Money & Drive Leads - February 13, 2020
- 5 of the Best WordPress Themes for Law Firms & Attorneys - February 7, 2020
- 9 Digital Marketing Tips That Will Help Your Law Firm Grow in 2020 - February 3, 2020
- 5 Actionable Things You Can Do Today to Help Your Law Firm’s Local SEO  - February 3, 2020
- 4 Tips on Creating a Successful Attorney Website - November 2, 2019
- Local Marketing Strategies For Law Firms - October 7, 2019
- 6 Tips to Speed Up Your Law Firms Website - September 20, 2019
- What To Do When Your Law Firm’s Website Isn’t Converting - August 3, 2016