Simple SEO Tips – 6 Things You Can Do To Help Your Google Ranking Increase
For your attorney website to be successful, it needs have a high Google ranking. The main goal of Google is for its users to find the most useful information as quickly as they can.
Increasing your Google ranking may not be as difficult as you may think. There are a number of ways you can easily boost your page up the search listings (SERPS) by putting some easy SEO hacks into action.
When looking for help with SEO you may run across underhanded SEO tactics online, which are called, “Black Hat” tactics. These tricks are not in your best interest to put into use. They may work for a short period of time, but Google is consistently tracking these techniques and eliminating the false rankings.
You should only follow SEO tips that are “white hat” and are considered appropriate by Google.
6 SEO Tips for your attorney website that will boost your Google ranking
Obtain More Keywords From Search Data
Having your website target the right keywords is much like fishing with the correct bait or using the right golf club for a certain golf shot. Your success will be much higher and you will be attracting the right audience for your practice. (or the right fish in this case).
Now you are asking yourself, “Yeah, but how do I find these magical keywords?”
There are many ways in which you can get started finding the right keywords for your practice.
- HubSpot has an excellent beginners tutorial on getting started searching out new keywords.
- Moz, and SEO industry leader has a nice tutorial on researching SEO keywords.
- Finally, Brian Dean of Backlinko.com has a wonderful tutorial on keyword research. (In my opinion, the best tutorial)
Once you have the keywords, you can now write content that is focused on those words to draw a larger audience, therefore increasing your Google ranking.
Write Share-Worthy Content
When creating the content for your website, be sure it is compelling and screams to be shared with others. Fresh, unique and timely content will help your content be shared more often.
The more times your articles and website are shared, your pages will rank higher and your page views will steadily increase.
Not only do you want to write quality information that people want to link to and share, but you should also write regularly on a consistent basis.
Have A Responsive Website
An increase in mobile usage across the globe means that your website must be compatible to view on smart phones and tablets. It is extremely important that your website is responsive if you want your site to rank higher on Google. Google has been slowly increasing the ranking factor percentage of “having a mobile responsive website” has on their algorithm.
If your site is difficult to navigate and users have to scroll back and forth to read your content, they will become frustrated and you will end up losing a potential client and your bounce rate will increase.
If your website doesn’t load quickly, bounce rates will increase which will lower your Google ranking.
Adding videos and flash will increase load times. Be sure to compress all images on your site and adjust them to an appropriate size for maximum loading speed.
Properly Optimize Page Titles And Descriptions
Use a variety of popular meta data tags and popular titles in your posts to attract new visitors. Search other websites in your niche and see what posts on their site are the most popular.
If you are unsure how to properly set up your Page Titles and Descriptions I suggest looking at your competitors or looking at what people have used for Google AdWords. When people use Google AdWords they are spending money to have their ad seen. They are going to make sure they have a title that is attracting potential clients.
Once you have determined the titles that draw the most attention, post your own unique content using similar terms.
The SEO Hacks and Tips mentioned above are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to increasing your ranking. In addition, the scope of SEO is constantly changing and evolving. Attorneys need to keep up with the latest Google updates, in order to stay at the top of search engine results.
Finding the time to read up on the latest techniques and putting them into action can become very time-consuming. Eliminate the extra time and focus your attention on your law firm by consulting with an SEO expert. You will feel confident that your site is gaining hits and increasing your client base as well.
For further reading, be sure to check out: 3 Tips For Lawyers Looking To Hire A SEO Professional For A Website Audit and 4 Questions Attorneys Need To Ask Themselves When It Comes To Internet Marketing.
- Managing Your Small Law Firm Remotely: How to Get Started + Top 7 Remote Law Firm Management Software Options - April 22, 2020
- 11 Ways You Can Improve Your Law Firm’s Digital Marketing During the COVID-19 Slowdown - March 23, 2020
- Attorney Marketing | Should I Focus on Getting Google Reviews for My Law Firm? - February 19, 2020
- Law Firm PPC (Pay-Per-Click) | 5 Google PPC Tips to Help You Save Money & Drive Leads - February 13, 2020
- 5 of the Best WordPress Themes for Law Firms & Attorneys - February 7, 2020
- 9 Digital Marketing Tips That Will Help Your Law Firm Grow in 2020 - February 3, 2020
- 5 Actionable Things You Can Do Today to Help Your Law Firm’s Local SEO  - February 3, 2020
- 4 Tips on Creating a Successful Attorney Website - November 2, 2019
- Local Marketing Strategies For Law Firms - October 7, 2019
- 6 Tips to Speed Up Your Law Firms Website - September 20, 2019